Information for media professionals
In February 2017 Dee Valley Water became part of Severn Trent plc. For any media enquiries please contact the Severn Trent Press Office on 02477 715460.
The Board is committed to the highest standards of corporate governance and ensuring effective, transparent reporting. Our Dee Valley Group page provides biographical information of the current members of the Board and a repository of current and historical financial reports.
Area of Supply
Our licensed area of supply encompasses 844 square kilometres, centred on Wrexham, Chester and the surrounding area.
Fast and Clean Facts!
- We supply 62 million litres of water a day.
- 80% of supplies are drawn from the River Dee.
- More than 60% of the company’s customers are in Wales.
- No customer is more than 40 minutes away from our head office.
- Dee Valley Water is the smallest independent water company in the water sector of England and Wales.
Customers consume 133 litres of water per person per day.
4,000 samples taken from service reservoirs, treatment works and customers’ taps, on which 29,000 tests are undertaken to ensure your water is clean, safe and refreshing.
- 6 water treatment works.
- 28 pumping stations.
- 1,980 kilometres of mains.
- Leakage was 9.71 million litres (Ml/d) of water a day (2014/2015) (15.55%) – one of the lowest levels in the industry.